Does Prayer Change Things?
- By prayer, Esau’s heart was changed toward Jacob, so that they met in a friendly, rather than hostile, manner (Gen. 32).
- By the prayer of Moses, God brought the plagues upon Egypt and then removed them again (Ex. 7-11).
- By prayer, Joshua made the sun stand still (Josh. 10).
- By prayer, when Samson was ready to perish with thirst, God brought water out of a hollow place for his sustenance (Judg. 15).
- By prayer, the strength of Samson was restored. He pulled down the temple of Dagon on the Philistines, so that those whom he killed as he died were more than all he had killed in his life (Judg. 16).
- By prayer, Elijah held back the rains for three and a half years. Then by prayer, he caused it to rain again (1 Kings 17-18).
- By the prayer of Hezekiah, God sent an angel and killed in one night 185,000 men in Sennacherib’s army (2 Kings 19).
- By the prayer of Asa, God confounded the army of Zerah (2 Chron. 14).